If you have relevant news or an event you would like to share with the architectural community, please email information or call the AIAMD office at 410.263.0916. All requests are reviewed and determined for publication following the criteria listed below. Most news and event postings are limited to those occurring in the Maryland, DC and Virginia Metropolitan area.
Maryland Architect Newsletter is a *monthly e-publication of AIA Maryland that distributes news, events, and programs of interest to its architect members and other subscribers in the design community.
* In June 2015, the former bi-weekly Maryland Architect E-News and former quarterly Maryland Architect newsletter are now merged into one monthly newsletter.
SUBMIT NEWS & EVENTS
Copy Deadline: The 5th day of the month of publication. Send news items to email@example.com.
Member News: AIA Maryland publishes brief news items from our members and sponsors (# of images used at discretion of the Editor), including awards, events and other newsworthy items of interest to architects in Maryland. Items should include a url link (if any) and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be edited for length. Eligible member news and announcements content shall report news about, or the work of, an AIA/MD member or the AIA/MD member’s office’s work generated from their office located in Maryland. Project news items are limited to work completed under the direction of an AIA Maryland member.
Members Speak: a column in the Maryland Architect monthly newsletter whereby AIA members and industry stakeholders may provide relevant, educational and informative material pertinent to the architectural profession.
- Maximum length: 800 words. Entire article will be published on the AIA Maryland website; the first few paragraphs will be published in the newsletter with a link to the full article.
- No logos are permitted; hyperlinks will be considered.
- One image per article that helps delineate the content. May not be an image of the author, company representation (logo/building), or company project (unless project is a direct illustration of points made in the article).
- A maximum of two articles per issue will be published.
- Up to two articles by any one contributor will be considered in a calendar year. A series of articles on a particular topic will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Send pertinent articles to email@example.com by the 5th day of the month of desired publication. All articles are subject to editorial review and acceptance.
Notices/Events: Notices and event listings should be brief and include title, date, time, cost, location, short description and URL link. Consideration is given to non-profit organizations, members and sponsors, and events offering AIA/CES LUs that are located in the MD/VA/DC Metropolitan area.
Disclaimer: Publication of member news, member columns, notices or event items is not an endorsement of the news or announcement. AIA Maryland does not take responsibility for, or any editorial position on, articles or news items submitted by its members. Any questions should be directed to the firm or author of the news piece.